I never win anything. I’m not the least bit competitive in life and sometimes I wish I was a bit more ‘out there’ when it comes to showing off my skills and being rewarded. I’ve always figured that being good at stuff means you will just naturally be recognised.
Ha, tell that to my current boss.
Anyway, on Friday I learnt that I had been nominated for a very grand award indeed, a Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Cool, huh?
My lovely nominator is Hannah of Hannah Reads Stuff, a girl after my own heart. Not exclusively but mostly when it comes to books and literature.
I have been following Hannah since before her book blog but it is here that we have become friends. Not only have I been inspired to pick up a large portion of the titles she has reviewed, we also share a passion for collecting Lego mini figures (Hannah helped me with suggestions on how to display them). In short, she’s bloody brilliant and I’m glad I found her. Thank you love for this nomination!
Here are the rules of the award:
- Thank and link to the person who nominated you
- List the rules and display the award
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated
- Optional: display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you
Seven things about me
- Up until about six months ago I thought the first lines of lyric in The Cure’s Just Like Heaven were: “Show me how you do that trick, the one that makes me scream seasick” – which makes more sense to me, so I’m sticking to it
- My favourite literary character is Lisbeth Salander
- I hate tomatoes and get lectured on this fact almost daily – get over it world
- Until I got a job in Starbucks in Penticton, B.C a good few years ago, I though lattes were made with ‘Expresso’. After my first day of training I came home all excited, my Uncle said; “Did you learn that it’s actually called ‘Espresso’?” and I pretended I didn’t know what he was talking about
- I don’t want children, yet I have a name picked out for the daughter I will never have. It’s Dorothy Pearl
- I love the artist Ray Caesar and if I could I would buy all his paintings
- I love B-Movies and really shit horror (and good films) but sometimes a gal just needs Troll Hunter, you know?
So, that’s me!
But now to my own nominations. I don’t even know if I will be able to make the 15 blog quota but let’s see.
In no particular, I nominate:
- Cloud in a Teacup ~ Man, this girl can take a mean photograph! Shivani makes me want to trail around after her all the time, visiting all the places she does because she makes them seem so cool. Plus, she is cool so win-win!
- It’s a Marathon AND a Sprint ~ Colby, for being lovely and also supportive about my running (or rather lack thereof)
- Belle of the Bluegrass ~ my lovely friend Lydia who shares my love of beards and sparkle is honest and funny so go visit her sometime
- Almost Erica ~ my darling Erica who has been away from Blogging for a while has recently returned and I am most excited about it. One of my favourite people on this planet, she’s my friend from back home, the Canada edition
- The Lightle Side of Life ~ my boo Meghan is both clever and a wonderful writer. And definitely in my Top 15 of best people ever (actually, Top 5)
- Umbrella Weather ~ Emma is another person I feel blessed to have become friends with through our blogs. I think our relationship has been going for the best part of a decade and that is massive
- The Lucky Apple ~ funny and insightful, go read my friend Daisy!
- Random Daydreaming ~ I really enjoy this blog and have been an anonymous reader for a good year or two. Rebecca is into all sorts of cool things and have been very wise when it comes to my running worries (as above I think a lot about running but haven’t done much yet). Also two gerbils called Ser Jorah and Tyrion…
- Odd Socks & Pretty Frocks ~ another case of me secretly creeping for a long time, Alex’s blog is fab, a good mix of book loving and fashion and I adore it
- I Wish I Could Wink ~ Faye is adorable, lovely and has a great fashion blog. Also, we share a big love of nails and nail art
- Adventures of a Love Bird ~ a relatively new blog to me but full of more gorgeous photography it would seem silly not to include Amy. Makes me wish I was far more talented with a camera
- Lip Smackin’ Treats ~ as if I would forget to mention my friend Becky who is a shit hot baker. Visit her blog for some mouthwatering recipes and never look back! Mmmmmmm
- Read & Survive ~ another new blog but a great one, Anastasia is a big book lover and that is fine with me, always happy to be inspired to read new things
That’s it. I made 13 out of 15, which only serves to remind me that I need to spend more time out there with new blogs. There are plenty of amazing blogs I read that I haven’t nominated because they’re already so popular.
This has been really fun though and it is always really nice to be recognised for my writing, even if it is a little goofy at times. So thanks again Hannah. If you hadn’t nominated me, you totes would have been in my list.
Happy nomming peeps!