This year I’m doing goals rather than resolutions because let’s face it, those are just made to be broken. Why set yourself up for a fall before you’ve even begun?
God knows what the Hell I was waffling on about when I posted last year’s but they’re here if you’d like to see for yourself (Top Tip: Don’t bother).
So, my goals and things I would like to achieve in 2016:
- Travel – don’t care where but preferably, finally, NYC
- New job – it’s about time I started thinking about what I can do and using that, rather than just making do. Sad, but true
- Coding course – I really want to learn more about web building, etc and I’ve found a great course. I just need to find the funds now! (See Shopaholism, below)
- Continue to be active – I love what the gym has done for my peace of mind and stress levels so I would like to keep it up
- Say ‘No’ more – I have to stop making plans with people I’m just not that into. I do it to avoid being mean and then end up sitting through boring evenings with people I’d like to punch really hard in their patronising/self-absorbed/smug faces (and breath)
- Pay off my debts – boring sensible goal but one that hopefully will be within my grasp this year
- Crack my Shopaholism – I’m not going to stop shopping because that is ridiculous when it brings me so much joy but I do need to curb it, and try only to buy quality, or pieces I really can’t live without
- Get more tattoos – finish my arm, retouch some old stuff and be a happy tattooed babe
- Do something with my writing/do some actual writing – because a portfolio doesn’t just build itself
That’s me this year. How about you?