Or Happy Last Day of Work as I’m choosing to call it. I’ve got that Last Day of Term feeling, even though my Last Day of School was a hundred years ago and I can barely remember it.
I’m sure it involved a shell suit and bitchy comments from one of the Mean Girls, though.
Anywhoo, it’s also Christmas Eve Eve (as my Husband likes to holler, early in the morning) and I’m already slightly stressed out about the day, even though there is no pressure on me whatsoever. I think it’s just the natural state of things.
All presents are wrapped and placed beneath the tree, the turkey is taking up half our freezer space and I’ve even remembered to buy honey for the carrots (actually a lie, but it’s on the list). I’ve got this.
But still, worry worry worry. Maybe it’s the thought of all the cleaning I have to do before my mother arrives.
This post isn’t about complaining though or talking about how we have to fit a new toilet seat before tomorrow, in fact it’s about this year and all the fucking fabulous things I’m grateful for.
And I am grateful. I have a very nice life, full of love and brilliant people, what more could I want? ASOS packages come and go but these are the things that really matter when it comes down to it. These are the people you call when you’re anxious, the people who carry things for you when you can’t walk another step (Glynn and the Christmas Vegetables*).
These are the people who are there all year round in their little (and large) ways, making life worth living.
I am grateful for:
- The aforementioned people in my life. My fit husband who is genuinely the kindest hearted human being I’ve ever met (with the cutest bum). My lovely Mum, who is just fabulous inside and out. My stinky brother and his divine wife, Maddy. My friends; my beloved Panda, the perfect Tatty (who gets me through each working day in one piece). Lovely Lauren, Beautiful Becky, Vegan Monkey. My work colleagues, my wonderful Blog buddies and every person I’ve shared an alcoholic beverage with this year.
- My Job. Even though I suffer daily doubt about my job, I feel as though this year I’ve proven I’m not just the goofball who turns up every day but somebody to take note of. I’ve also received a couple of pay rises which is both flattering and surprising (and no, I’m not rich yet). Sometimes I just feel grateful for having a job at all and not having to work weekends.
- Nip+Fab’s Dragon’s Blood Fix Cleansing Pads. These have made my skin look incredible! Anything that can do that is invaluable to me, I look very fresh-faced and wholesome RN, if I say it myself.
- Jillian & Christa’s Great Blog Collab 2015. I’ve mentioned how much this means to me before but I still feel it warrants another mention because I love doing it so much! It’s opened my mind to a whole world of sometimes horrific movies, made me think more about what I love and brought me closer to one of the best people on this planet. ❤
- My Step Son. Could have gone in the top section but I feel like he deserves a spot of his own, because what a kid. I know I won’t be having my own children ever but when people assume I’m a hardhearted cow with no soul, I want to tell them to fuck off because I actually do love a very cool child thankyouverymuch! Sure, he can be a know-it-all but who wasn’t at 11? And sure, we get the best of him mostly because he doesn’t live with us but he really is a funny, smart and shining little star.
- My favourite local graffiti artist started following me on Instagram. Yes, I am a massive art nerd but I’m basically a Fan Girl for people with immense talent and this guy is amazing. And he seems lovely too, so win win. And yes, I’m still too shy to say anything when I see him in the street but you never know, maybe now he’ll approach me (lol).
- Social Media. Just for connecting me to what’s going on out there. The news all over the world, of course, but mainly other people and their great attitudes, particularly to world issues, body image and fat acceptance. Yes, FAT.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Obvs. I’ll still walking on air having seen it.
So that’s a little insight into what’s making me feel all warm and fuzzy this festive season. I wish it was colder to be honest so I could snuggle up more guilt-free but I suppose I should just be happy that snow won’t stop all transport for the next few days and fuck up everybody’s plans.
Since I probably won’t be blogging in any significant way now before Christmas Day (bar December Affirmations, which I’ve queued up until after Boxing Day), I will wish all you lovely people a very Merry Christmas now!
I hope it’s a cosy, warm and loving Christmas for you all, and a big thank you for reading, liking and commenting throughout 2015. It’s fun to converse with new people, old friends and everyone in between.
So, before I go: What are you grateful for this year?
*There’s a cool band name for you!