People can be really huffy about resolutions and I get it when we’re bombarded as soon as Boxing Day is over with spam emails from Weight Watchers and gym groups. But I kind of like them myself.
I feel like I’m quite a pro-active kind of chap when I want to be and I respond well to being held accountable, even if it’s just to an old Blog post, written and viewed only by myself.
So I am the kind of person who thinks about resolutions and goals as the NY starts undulating toward us. Of course I’ve already set some goals but I’ve been thinking of some more. Here they are:
- I will not say anything derogatory about my body in 2016 – Verrry challenging but I’m going to try because I deserve this and so does every woman of every size, shape, etc
- I will buy and keep a sketch book close to me, and find a drawing style – I don’t think I have any talent in this arena but that’s okay, I’m at a point in my life where I can happily accept that just because I’m shit at something, it doesn’t mean I shouldn’t do it
- I will be more direct and less apologetic – No explanation needed
- I will not doubt my skills at work no matter how I am made to feel – I’m a paranoid android from 9-5, this needs to change
- I will read the classics I have not yet read – There are a lot. I’m really looking forward to this one
- I will up my selfie game – IMPORTANT
Right. Happy New Year all, I’m off to achieve some of these bad boys. Starting with… maybe buying a sketch book?