The Sunshine Blogger Award
I’ve been nominated for a blogger award! It’s always nice to receive one of these as it really spreads the love and makes everyone involved feel good. Plus, it’s just lovely to be appreciated every once in a while, innit?
My boo, Tatty very sweetly tagged me so thank you for thinking of me, darling! I will do my best to honour the Award rules, as below:
1. Thank the person who nominated you – Above! ❤
2. Answer the questions from your nominators.
3. Nominate eleven other bloggers and give them eleven questions.
Tatty’s questions for me:
1. Why did you start blogging?
My friend Paul started a blog about 15 years ago when we worked together and suggested I do the same. For a little while I only blogged to amuse him, and talked about celebrity stuff and things we were both into (boys and Wonder Woman). I didn’t have a real voice in the early days but my blog got me through a lot of bad times (specifically a horrible relationship).
I can still access my first blog and reading it makes me sad because I sound so cheerful. I wasn’t being true to myself back then at all. I’m much more honest here and am upbeat because I’m genuinely happy, rather than wearing a positive persona.
I also fell in love with writing which is why I love to blog now. Plus, I love film and books, so the three go well together.
2. Who is your biggest supporter/fan?
Tatty is one of my biggest supporters without doubt. I feel as though we bolster each other, especially during stressful periods when we really need it. She might not know this but having her as such a close friend makes me feel more youthful and cooler; and like I can be true to the things I really enjoy, like talking about the Kardashians, fashion and make-up, films we both love and deeper things like our relationships/the future.
My Mum has read my blog from the start and often mentions posts I’ve written when we see each other. She’s also been known to share them with her friends and then tell me their thoughts. Which is wonderful.
Otherwise, I have a lovely support network within the blogging community, including of course, Jill and Hayley Margaret.
I’ve not mentioned the bulk of my friends because I would say they aren’t generally “Sit down and read blogs” types. I’m sure they’re not avoiding reading my thoughts, it’s just not their thing. Which is fine.
My darling husband too is spectacularly supportive about everything I do but doesn’t often ‘read me’, purely because he thinks of my blog as a personal diary and doesn’t want to intrude.
3. What does a day in your life look like?
This is such a hard question to answer! It looks very low key to be honest. I go to work, I come home. In between this I see friends, go to the gym and watch as many films as I possible can.
A typical day is:
Get up, put on face
Go to work
Go to the gym/meet a friend
Go home, have dinner with G
Weekends are for family and being incredibly lazy. That might seem boring but I love my life.
4. What would you not be able to live without?
I would not be able to live without:
The women in my life,
5. What makes you happy?
The above list makes me happy. See also:
Idris Elba’s face,
Peter Serafinowicz‘ voice,
Having a new tattoo,
New lounge wear.
6. Do you believe it fate? If not, what do you believe in?
To a certain extend I do believe some things are meant to be but I don’t believe the whole of our lives are predestined. I think a lot of it is down to good luck and the right timing. My relationship is a testament to that!
I also believe is karma which I can’t back up in any way. Maybe it’s my Mother’s hippy influence but I live by the philosophy of giving positive out to get it back. Not that I do things just to reap the rewards, of course not – but in general I feel better about being positive and open than I do being bitchy and closed off to all the good things in the world.
7. If you could live in any country, where would it be?
If I hadn’t met my husband I would still be happily living in Vancouver, Canada. No question. It’s a great country.
8. What’s your favourite clothes brand?
If I were rich I’d dress in only Vivienne Westwood and McQueen because I love fashion as art.
9. What’s your favourite book?
So hard to choose just one so have 5:
Most recently I loved You.
Read them all and then tell me what you think.
10. What’s your biggest achievement to date?
Contrived as this may sound, my biggest achievement is getting out of an abusive relationship (which made me want to die) and living on my own in a strange city. I’m also proud of the way I’ve turned around some personal debt I ran up as an (almost) direct consequence of the same shitty relationship.
11. Lastly, how are you today?
I’m good thanks! Was stressed this morning and ready to give up. But my lovely colleague made me feel better, and now I’m great.
And any one else who’d like to partake! (Sorry, I’m bad at nominating people).
UPDATE: My Lightle answered these questions here. I only failed to nominate her for an award because I couldn’t remember where she blogged. So consider yourself nommed now, ML. Nommed here and winner of Best Leading Actress in life.
- Who would play you in the made-for-tv movie of your life, and why?
- If you had to be stuck in a lift with one person for 12 hours who would it be (it can be anybody, alive or dead)?
- If you could only have one album on your MP3 player for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- How do you deal with stress? (Asking for a friend)
- If you were releasing your own signature scent, what 3 ingredients would you insist on including?
- You find £50 on the street, no wallet, no witnesses – what do you do?
- What’s your greatest quality?
- And your worst? (In your eyes)
- Name 3 things you bloody love about your physical appearance – GO!
- If you had to sleep with one of the main characters in The Big Bang Theory, who would you pick? (Leonard, Sheldon, Raj or Howard/Penny, Amy or Bernadette? The little Comic Book Guy?)
- Are you a Belieber? (Discuss)