January, you have been such a fuck head.
You’ve made me want to bury my head under the pillow and hide from the entire world until you’ve passed by.
But, I think we’re just about there. I can see tomorrow, and tomorrow is payday, my doorway through which to flounce into February.
Feb is Feminist Film Month here on A Voluptuous Mind and I am oh so excited about that. I’m getting tattooed again on the 2nd and I’ve been able to face a few of my responsibilities head on (read: debt) and put them to bed, so in many ways February is already shaping up to be better.
Anyway, some positive things about January, before I kiss it goodbye. I mean, it’s been rotten but it’s not been allllllll bad:
- I won a regular argument with myself and (mostly) continued to work out during this shitty month. The difference between me working out and me not is unreal – I am so much more centred when I’ve sweated and my legs ache.
- I’ve almost finished Jessica Jones (2 episodes to go). I can’t say I like it or enjoy it that much, it just feels good not to have quit and to be (almost) done.
- I bought some new leopard print bedding.
- I’ve read two great books: Life Moves Pretty Fast: The Lessons We Learned From Eighties Movies (And Why We Don’t Learn Them From Movies Any More) by Hadley Freeman and Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes.
- Pretty Little Liars came back on.
- I didn’t quit my job and run crying from the building. Yet (there is still the rest of today and tomorrow).
- I was reminded just what a decent, loving man I am married to and I couldn’t be more grateful.
How’ve you guys been?
Incidentally, it seems January and I have quite the dance each year. My old foe.