Back in June I decided to take part in the 20 Books of Summer Challenge. That was the optimistic idea of reading twenty books in 3 months.
Well, I am here to tell you that I didn’t quite make it. In fact, over the sunnier period I read only eight things. I guess we could blame this on actually doing stuff, but I think it’s really down to being in a non-reading funk which isn’t uncommon round these parts.
I’m hoping, as the evenings draw in, that my desire to immerse myself in the pages of somebody else’s story will return. God knows I’ve got plenty of titles waiting for me on that list. Maybe I’ll aim to complete it by the end of the year.
I should say that some of the books I read were graphic novels, and not all of the titles were on my original list. What can I say? I’m a rebel.
Here’s what I did read:
- In a Dark, Dark Wood – Quite good, quite tense – 4/5
- One – Sad & beautiful – 4/5
- Capital – Excellent – 5/5
- Me Before You – A light popcorn read but a better than average one – 4/5
- The Beauty, Vol.1 – Great concept, left me wanting more – 4/5
- Paper Girls, Vol. 1 – Fun, nostalgic, can’t wait to read more – 4/5
- The Sisters – Starts strong. gets a little lame – 3/5
- The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 1 – The Faust Act – another really fresh story about young and beautiful gods – 5/5
So there we are. I’m a big fat failure but it’s okay, it just means I have lots to look forward to for the rest of the year. I might even step back into a couple of book reviews.